Emergency haying and grazing CRP opens in MO

The State Executive Director for the Missouri Farm Service Agency says livestock producers can now emergency hay and graze Conservation Reserve Program acres.

Joe Aull tells Brownfield livestock producers can hay or graze livestock on CRP acres without adjustments to their rental payment, but they must contact their local FSA office before doing so.

“They can tell you what you have to do and how you qualify for certain programs. They can even help you sign up.”

Aull says producers in severe drought qualify. The U.S. Drought Monitor shows at least 58% of Missouri counties in severe drought.

“They can convert at least 50% of CRP land into haying and grazing.”

Emergency haying and grazing has also opened in the drought areas of Kansas and Nebraska.

Add Comment

Your email address will not be published.


Stay Up to Date

Subscribe for our newsletter today and receive relevant news straight to your inbox!