Delegates of the 84th Annual Illinois FFA State Convention elected their 2012-2013 Illinois State Officer team last night.
The new Illinois FFA Officer Team:
- President: Darren Riskedal, 18, of Leland (LaSalle County) and the Somonauk-Leland-Sandwich FFA Chapter
- Vice President: Dalton Heavner, 18, of Pearl (Pike County) and the Pittsfield FFA Chapter
- Reporter: Courtney Gerstenecker, 18, of Carlyle (Clinton County) and the Carlyle FFA Chapter
- Secretary: Joel Limestall, 18, of Waterloo (Monroe County) and the Waterloo FFA Chapter
- Treasurer: Tyson Schulte, 18, of Milan (Rock Island County) and the Sherrard FFA Chapter
The five officers were elected form a group of ten candidates who had previously been selected by an officer selection committee earlier this spring.