Survey shows higher cash rents expected

A Pro Farmer survey shows cash rents are expected to rise next year, but the growth is expected to be a bit more modest than in 2012.

An internet survey of Pro Farmer members has nearly 75% expecting 2013 cash rents to increase, the other 25% expect rent prices to stay the same.

Only 12 percent of members expect their rent to rise by 15% or more. That compares with last year when15 percent of respondents expected their rent to go up 25%.

According to Iowa State University and USDA surveys, average cash rent in Iowa rose 18 to 20 percent in 2012 while the average rent in Illinois rose 16 percent over 2011.

Email this to someoneShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Print this page

Add Comment

Your email address will not be published.


stay up to date

Subscribe for our newsletter today and receive relevant news straight to your inbox!