FSA reminds farmers of storm loss programs

Farm Service Agency leaders say they have programs that can help farmers after severe storm losses.  Kim Iczkowski with Wisconsin FSA tells Brownfield the Livestock Indemnity Program requires no prior sign-up. “If there were farmers who had animal losses because of what happened, they need to come into the office within 30 days and they fill out, basically, an application.”

She says the program has guidelines, and county offices can help farmers with the applications.  “There’s a process that goes through.  They need to have losses that exceed normal mortality in a year, but that’s something that any of the county offices can work (on) with producers.”

Iczkowski says the FSA can also help farmers apply for emergency federal conservation funds when weather causes flooding or washouts, but she says any payouts take time as the applications go through a federal approval process.

Many northwestern Wisconsin farmers are evaluating damages and working with county FSA offices after tornadoes hit the region Tuesday evening.

Email this to someoneShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Print this page

Add Comment

Your email address will not be published.


stay up to date

Subscribe for our newsletter today and receive relevant news straight to your inbox!