The finalists have been named for the Wisconsin Pork Association annual “Taste of Elegance” contest. The finals will be held February 6th as part of the Wisconsin Corn/Soy/Pork Expo at the Kalahari in Wisconsin Dells. The chefs will prepare an original pork entrée, judging is based on taste, appearance and originality.
Competing for the title of Chef Par Excellence, top prize of $750, and a complimentary trip from the National Pork Board to the Culinary Institute of America will be:
- Chef Paul Cummings, Gallaghers, Ripon
- Chef Vincent Franz, Wild Canyon Café, Wisconsin Dells
- Chef Matthew Baier, Dream Dance Steak, Milwaukee
- Chef Nicholas Bijak, Norton’s, Green Lake
- Chef Martha Moser, Father Fats, Stevens Point
- Chef Jason Demers, Christians Bistro, Plover
- Chef Kurt Wagner, Wisconsin Machine Shed, Pewaukee
- Chef Craig Bianco, Double Cut at the Kalahari Resort, Wisconsin Dells
The Superior Chef will receive $500, and $250 will be awarded to the Premium Chef. A ‘Best Use of Soy’ Award, with a prize of $250, will be presented, where the competing chefs will feature soy accompaniments with their pork entrée. Attendees will be able to sample each of the entrees and vote for the $250 People’s Choice award.
Tickets are $20 each and are available from the Wisconsin Pork Association at 608-723-7551.
The Taste of Elegance is sponsored by Johnsonville Sausage; Pork Checkoff; Wisconsin Soybean Marketing Board; and Wisconsin Pork Association
© Copyright 2014 Brownfield, All rights Reserved. Written For: Brownfield