Ohio State University Extension will host a conference focusing on small farms. The “Opening Doors to Success” conference focuses on helping small farm owners increase profits and expand operations.
OSU Extension educator Tony Nye says the overall goal of the event is to teach farmers, producers, and growers how to connect with buyers and to know the importance of marketing.
* Vegetable Nutrient Management
* Generating Energy for the Small Farm
* Utilizing Maps and Apps Technology to Market Your Business
* Christmas Tree Production
* Cover Crops
* Grafting of Trees
* Lavender Production
* Raised Bed Production
* Pasture Management
* Selecting a Livestock Enterprise for a Small Farm
* Fertigation of Tomatoes
* Greenhouse/Tunnel Production
* Food Safety
* Agricultural Law Considerations
* Developing Water Systems for Pastures
* Growing Hops
* Financial Management
* Disease Management of Fruits and Vegetables
The conference is March 8-9 at the Boyd Cultural Arts Center at Wilmington College. The conference runs from 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Registration is $20 for the March 8 session and $50 for the March 9 session, or $60 for both days. The deadline to register is March 1.
Click HERE for registration information.© Copyright 2013 Brownfield, All rights Reserved. Written For: Brownfield