Fourteen candidates have been named for the 60th Wisconsin Outstanding Young Farmer award:
- Brian and Nicole Barlass, Janesville
- Matt and Tracy Brandel, Lake Mills
- Doug and Allison Custer, Elk Mound
- Hickory and Erin Daniels, Juda
- Matt and Tabitha Hartwig, Athens
- John and Deb Ihm, Lancaster
- David and Stacy Jauquet, Luxemburg
- Rolf and Marieke Penterman, Thorp
- Marty and Lisa Pertzborn, Reedsburg
- Cory and Brook Stenjem, Cambridge
- Nicholas and Danae Stieglitz, Greenwood
- Kurt and Diana Strassburg, Bowler
- Mark and Rachel Turgasen, Richland Center
- Erich and Mia Wollin, Johnson Creek
The OYF candidates are sponsored to the state event by local Jaycee chapters or other agricultural groups. The awards weekend will be January 18-20 at the Menomonie Casino and Resort in Shawano County. The finals banquet is open to the public, tickets are available at 715-833-9649
The state winner and first runners-up will be nominated to attend the February 2014 national OYF Awards Congress.
The 2012 state winners, Adam and Rebecca Kuczer of Pulaski, and 2012 state first runners-up, Brian and Stephanie Perkins of Richland Center, were just named to the top 10 finalists. Both couples will attend national OYF Awards Congress held Feb. 7-10, 2013, in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The 2011 state winners, Brian and Renee Schaal of Burlington, were named national winners in Arkansas earlier this year.
Now in its 60th year, Wisconsin OYF has had 16 national winners. On the national level, OYF is sponsored by John Deere and the Outstanding Farmers of America Fraternity and supported by the National Association of County Agricultural Agents.
© Copyright 2012 Brownfield, All rights Reserved. Written For: Brownfield