Friday was a good day for the Wisconsin FFA at the National FFA Convention. The Badger State has four National Proficiency Award winners:
- Tom Allen of the Reedsburg FFA won Dairy Production Entrepreneurship
- Ashley Orr of the Waupaca FFA won Diversified Livestock Production
- Nate Leystra, Randolph Cambria-Friesland FFA won Grain Production
- Josh Bruckert, Sauk Prairie FFA won Wildlife Production
The Amery FFA took second-place in the Dairy Cattle Evaluation & Management Career Development Event (CDE). Top individual was Trent Dado of Amery, Ethan Dado was third-place individual and Laura Jensen of Amery placed fourth.
Jessica Pralle of the Osseo-Fairchild FFA won the Dairy Cattle Handlers Activity.
The Viroqua FFA placed fifth in Ag Technology and Mechanical Systems, Tom Larson was third-place individual.
Three Wisconsinites were presented with Honorary American Degrees:
- Black Hawk ag teacher Lori Berget
- Wisconsin Farm Bureau president Bill Bruins
- Frank Friar of the Wisconsin Farm Center.