Along with the premier cattle show and the trade show, World Dairy Expo features educational seminars. Liz Matzke is Marketing Manager for WDE, she says they have eight different seminars lined-up this year; a description of each is available here. The seminars are free and open to the public.
Another feature of World Dairy Expo each year is the virtual farm tours. Daily video presentations by the farmers of state-of-the-art operations across the country. This year they feature:
- VanEss Dairy LLC, a 3,800-cow operation at Sanborn, Iowa;
- Golden Oaks Farm, milking 720 at Wauconda, Illinois:
- Martin Dairy LLC, 1,000 cows at Tillamook, Oregon:
- United Pride Dairy, 1,800 cows at Phillips, Wisconsin:
- Shamrock Farms, 10,800 cows at Stanfield, Arizona:
- Dockendorf Dairy, 130 robot-milked cows at Watkins, Minnesota:
- McCarty Dairy, 7,200 cows at Rexford, Kansas:
- Dellar Dairy, 235 cows at Harrisville, Michigan.
The virtual tours are also free and open to the public. More details on the virtual tours available here.
The show is also expanding its presence on social media and of course the show ring is streamed ”live” on the World Dairy Expo website.